Friday, March 20, 2009

Rambling...

Apparently I erased the "spring break" entry. I have no idea how...but I think I said some pretty earth shattering things in that entry and now I have no idea what earth shattering things I said. Oh well!! Maybe it happened for a reason?!

I'm pretty good at rambling...so here goes. I'm loving this working out stuff. I think I've discovered that variety is key for me. By variety, I mean taking some classes outside my comfort zone. I like routine. If anyone knows me at all...they would probably all agree that I'm the MOST predictable person they know. I thrive on routine and to some extent that is good, I suppose. But...I've really enjoyed "spicing" things up with going to these work out classes. I love spin class. I love my Triple Whammy class. And I really love the total toning class too!! When school is out, I'm going to try Pilates. So, those of you that know me best...watch it...I'm stepping outside my box.

Doing all this working out has been good for me in other ways too. The girls enjoy going to swim when I'm being "studious". I finally feel confident that they can swim without me there in the pool area and they like the "responsible feeling" too. I've enjoyed getting to know all the different instructors. And inviting friends to come along is fun too. Especially when they come and they like it, so they end up getting a membership. That's the best!!!!

Ryan and Kevin spend more time together when us girls are at the rec center. I'm secretly going to brainwash them and see if they will join us!! Of course, we have to wait til the outage is over and Kevin recovers from all the OT.

I got quite a bit accomplished this week. The weather was absolutely gorgeous and conducive to working!! I love it when I can cross things off of my mental and written "to do" list. I need to tie up some loose ends like giving my house a quick tidy up, grade some papers (ugh), iron clothes for next week and make up a few things ahead for dinners next week. I love it when that stuff is all done!!!!

One more thing...I'm directing VBS again this year. I took last year off since we went to Florida and times didn't work out....but I'm really looking forward to this year. I like getting to know the people of our church in a more deeper way...the way you get to know them when you work closely with them for a stretch of time. You know...I tell my kids this all the time....You can NEVER EVER have too many friends. That is exactly true!!! Making friends and then enjoying the friendship is something wonderful. I love my best friend to pieces!!! I love the phone conversations we have, the school email dialogue that we send back and forth, and the many other commonalities we share. I also love the many other friends that God has given to me. Each one has a very special place in my heart and each one God placed in my life for a reason. I don't think I do enough or say enough about how I feel about my friends. I'm sure that if you are reading this and stuck with this entry this long....then you are a true friend...and I need you to know that I treasure you!!!

No comments: