Friday, July 1, 2011

Summer 2011

I haven't been on my blog to update in 7 months...wow!! I almost forgot I had a blog!!

Let's see if I can update in a quick sort of way...Christen graduated from the 8th grade at Justus-Tiawah. It was rather an emotional time for me. I know she's ready for the next phase of her life as a high school student: a ZEBRA!! It was mighty fun planning and organizing the after party for graduation. I enjoyed all of her friends...and their parents. We are so blessed that our kids have wonderful friends with such supportive and caring parents. We enjoyed her 8th grade trip to Branson. Mr. Garroutte always makes it so special and fun for the kids.

Since school has been out...I've been tackling projects that got ignored when we moved in. I have been working on our front flowerbed. It's rather big...so not only does it take a ton of time...it's has taken quite a toll on my summer allowance. Another project that desperately needed my attention was our formal dining room. I've never had a formal dining room before...not sure that we should have devoted that space for dining...but whatever. That's exactly how it's furnished now. I finally have things on the walls in there...bought a rug to go under the furniture we bought when we moved in and got a baker's rack too. And the final thing that I am still in the process of doing is hanging pictures on the walls in our halls.

My sister-in-law and her kids were down this past week. We spent alot of time playing and spending time with them. Had a ton of fun!! It's always sad when they leave. But, we always look forward to the next visit!!

Now, it's time to get Ryan and Christen ready for Falls Creek. They are looking forward to having a vacation from Mom and Dad and sister!! I miss them like crazy when they are gone...but Kaylyn and I have fun doing little things during the days!!

Oh...the last piece of news....Ryan has a drivers license. That is huge news for him. We are a teeny bit scared and nervous. We need to buy another car. I am excited about that...cause it's a car for me!! Not excited about the wad of $$ it's going to cost to buy...but I like new stuff!! Well, it won't be brand new...we don't do "new"....

I'm teaching summer school the last 2 weeks of July!! I'm looking forward to that. We have a new leader...sad to see our last one leave. Change is a little hard for me...but I know it's just the way it's suppose to be.

I'm 3.8 pounds from making it to my lifetime weight goal with weight watchers. I've never been this close and I'm looking forward to getting there...it's just difficult with summer here and tons of food in my pantry/frig!! Lack of routine lunch times and sleeping in doesn't help either. OH WELL!!!!

No comments: