Friday, September 25, 2009

How do you know??

We put our house on the market this week. It's already been shown once too. I'm having some anxiety issues with this too. I need some advice...some good sound Bible-based advice...wisdom. The older I get, the harder it seems for me to become at peace with decisions that are major ones to make. I mull things over and over like beating it with a dead fish or something. To the point that I know it gets on Kevin's nerves....and probably most likely the nerves of my friends too.

How do you truly know that going out on a limb to sell your house is the right move to make? How do you know that anytime making any kind of a huge purchase is the right thing to do? I'm great at giving advice to others...even when they didn't ask for it...I feel like it's my right to interject what I think others should do. But, it's a teeny bit different when it is yourself. I know God will put up the stops if He sees us doing something that is detrimental to our family's well-being. I know he puts people in our paths to guide us....I know all of this. But, I don't know if what we're doing is what God is truly desiring us to do. I've prayed and prayed and prayed. Sometimes I think I "will" things into motion and then convince myself that God has paved the way. I don't know if that makes sense....but I really need some feedback here. And here's something else that keeps floating around in my mind.... Am I wanting too much in wanting a 4 bdrm house?? Am I spoiled?? Will buying this dream house in my head lead me to contentment? Seriously....all I ever really wanted in wanting a 4 bdrm house was more in the future: when all our children are grown, I want them to come to our house and feel like they have a place here...a bit of privacy while being altogether at the same time. A home. I want our home to be their safe place from this cruel world - their haven!! I think about the last 7 years that the girls have shared their bedroom and in reflecting, I have watched a beautiful relationship get so tight that they can truly say that they are best friends. Will that be lost if we move into a bigger home?

Kevin and I have made some huge blunders in our married life when it came to making decisions. We've also reaped the blessings over and over for the wise ones we've made too. I don't like regrets. So, if you are reading this and feel inspired to respond...I'll gladly take whatever thoughts you have into consideration!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is a lot of wonderings to be so far in the game.

I am definetely not the one for advice. Although, maybe, Bro. Terrell was talking to you this morning when he suggested that 30 days be spend praying over something.

I don't think it is being selfish to prepare for the future if you can financially handle it. Also, think of all the ministering that you could do for others with a larger, more comfortable house like inviting friends over for lasagna and then baby-sitting for the weekend. JK

mindy said...

Psalm 37:3-5