Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Hmmm....

Hmmm....I still have lots going through my tired little brain!! We are deep into this real estate stuff. I forgot how much time and energy it takes to sell/buy houses. Anyway....we haven't had any more lookers on our house yet. I'm confident though that we are going to make it through this process better than we were when we started it. Whether we buy the house we have all fallen in love with or something different....God is bringing us closer as a family in a sweet way.

One thing also that I forgot about the whole selling process is how impeccably clean one must leave their house every morning when going to work. You just never know when your house will be shown...so every bed has to be made, every towel hung up, every laundry basket needs to look sparse, every dish must be in the dishwasher or put away, pillows fluffed, crumbs swept....you get the picture. So, there is no time for lolly-gagging in the mornings. I'll have to remember this is really not a huge stretch of inconvenience...just a little extra time. So, when we move, maybe I could keep up this trend?? Nah, probably not!!

I'm taking a sick day today because Kaylyn got sick last night and it was rather nasty. Here's the deal...we are not a good throw-uppy famiy. When one of us has just one huge yack, we're down for the next 14 hours. I don't understand how a person can do a throwup so violently and then turn around the next day and be normal. My insides hurt like crazy. So, anyone out there that doesn't understand why one round of yackiness causes me to call in and take a sick day...just don't judge....just nod and know that thought it doesn't happen often...when it does, I'll be the first to call in and take a day of rest!!

Have a great day....I know I'll be disinfecting, cleaning out a drawer or cabinet or something and enjoying a little extra quiet today!!

No comments: