Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Snow Days!!

It's been a wonderful pre-Christmas treat to have 2 days off this week. Housework has stayed caught up...including laundry!! :) I actually have successfully completed something on my "I wish I had time to do" list. Making Christmas goodies for my friends and wrapping them was something fun that the kids and I took time to do this morning!! I hope everyone likes their treats!!

Missing 2 days in a row in December makes me a little nervous....what if we have more snow days in January and February?? I definitely don't want to go to school in June!!! That would stink!! Remember, I have a pool that I get to use this summer and so summer should come early.

Speaking of the pool...that reminds me of working out. Which reminds me of how much I haven't worked out since Fall Break. I'm thinking that for the next 2 weeks I am not going to beat myself up for indulging in the Christmas yummies. I know on Dec. 26, I'll be hauling my hiney to the gym and joining again and practicing all of those things I learned at Weight Watchers last year.

For now...I'm enjoying this beautiful time of the year. I love everything about Christmas. I love the spirit of the season more than anything though. I love how people hug more during the holidays. I also love how when I leave school on Friday the 19th, everyone will make it a point to say Merry Christmas and truly mean it. I love listening to Mix 96....and how it drives the rest of my family nuts between t-giving and Christmas!! (They are only playing Christmas music!!) And I love dragging my husband with me to Christmas shop. He really isn't a scrooge...and he can be the more generous one and enjoy it!! Anyway....snow days are awesome. And it's much better when you have electricity!!

No comments: