Friday, May 8, 2009

What a week!!

What a week it's been!! Lots of rain fell this week and also last week!! This has created a terrible thing...INSIDE recess. With school getting close to being out...the last thing a teacher or student likes is yucky inside recess. Rain leads to other problems too...an increase on the volume of children's voices and high blood pressure...b/c of nerve damage due to the close proximity of children in a classroom....BUT there is good news...and it is called 10 days!!! That's how many school days we have til the last day....but here's how I do the math: 1 personal day next Friday + 1 Fun Day + 1 Awards assembly day +1 AR goal party day =4...so 10 - 4 =6....I can do anything for 6 days...gee....I can do most anything for 10 days too!!!!

I always tend to reflect on the school year as it gets closer to being over....b/c sometimes that's when the full circle comes together and you finally see the "big picture". I think the big picture for me is still a little foggy and unclear. I really have enjoyed this year. I have enjoyed teaching 2nd grade and the looping thing has been totally awesome for me. There are so many ideas floating around in my head for next year. I have learned so much this year and I can't wait to build on it next year. There are some things that I'm going to change next year too. But I'm so totally excited about moving into a new classroom that's bigger, has more storage and finally has way more outlets!!!! YIPPEE!!!!

Change is hard for me. If you know me at all....you know that it takes quite a bit to get me to change to some stuff and for some stuff I welcome change. One thing that I'm dealing with is my children getting older. They are changing....and I'm so happy that they are embarking into new seasons of their lives...it's natural and normal and exciting!! I just don't want them to change too fast!!! I need time to process a.k.a. enjoying their seasons....everything MUST slow down in order for me to accomplish that goal.

I suppose that is all for now...I know I'll have more to post as we experience our oldest child graduating from the 8th grade next week. What a week this will be for me!!!

No comments: