Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Countdown....:)

Ok, the countdown can begin!! Our new house is withing a couple of weeks from being finished!! So, excitement is truly building around our household!! With the reality of our home being ready to move into...so is the reality of things like: landscaping? new furniture? arrangement of furniture? internet provider? (ATT doesn't service our new home!!) So, can you imagine how much stuff is rumbling through my head? My head is so "thick" with all the stuff rumbling around, that I've barely had enough room in it for school thoughts to enter. I've made myself work in my room this week and I'm happy to say that I plan to be finish with it by Friday!!

On another note....I've had to do some damage control. I will be the first to say that I enjoy facebook. I have really enjoyed re-connecting with lost classmates from high school and college. I've also enjoyed building on my friendships with colleagues, church friends, and my kids' friends' parents, etc. However with all of these connections comes a sort of "censoring" that I've had to impose on myself. I think it's very sad when people use facebook as a means of airing their dirty laundry and such. I'm not a fan of dirty words or initials of phrases that include dirty words. I'm also not a fan of naughty jokes or inuendos. So, tonight I had to delete some friends from my facebook account. I won't apologize for following my convictions... We live in such a grey sort of society with no real stance on what is wrong or unacceptable. So, I took a stand tonight to protect myself from having to see questionable content...and to also protect my friends from the ability to see the same.

That was a side bar of such.....

It's been a wonderful week so far. Looking forward to the weekend!! We're having a shin-dig at the Lane's on Saturday...hopefully the whole Lane clan will be attending along with many friends from the past. I love it when we're all together!! Next week is our VBS at church...(I'm not directing this year!! ) but I'm looking forward to seeing all the kiddos coming to learn more about Jesus!!

And how about this??? Kevin and I will be married for 19 whole years on Monday, August 2~!!
I love him much more now than I ever could imagine!! God has truly blessed our marriage in so many ways....and I'm so thankful that my mom introduced us 20 years ago at her house at a summer time bbq!! He's my soul mate!!!!!

No comments: