Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Blessings....

I am blessed beyond measure. Anyone that knows Jesus and has asked Him into their hearts is blessed for sure!!! I often look around my world and just have to wonder how exactly do people function daily without a relationship with God.

I am so thankful that God always has a plan. And that He unfolds that plan each time I ask for guidance and for help in this crazy life. I know in my life that God's plans for me are perfect. They may not always be what I like at the time or what is popular in the world...but resting in Him is always a comfort and makes me so content.

I am thankful for the man God placed in my life to be my husband. He's not perfect...but he's perfect for me. When Kevin has had health issues, God placed doctors, medicines and peace with us to help us overcome those things. Kevin has been blessed with working at a place that values him and compensates him well. We're not rich....but we certainly have more time together than we had at his previous job.

I am so thankful for my 3 kiddos!! They are reflections of God's amazing grace daily!! I look into their eyes and see how awesomely He put some of me and some of Kevin inside of them...raising them has been a joy!! I have thoroughly enjoyed the different stages my kids have gone through and am already praying for their futures!!

Even though this has been a summer that we'll likely never forget....I am thankful that we have had lots of time with my dad. He's been a gracious host!! We're very blessed that he opened his home to 5 of us and allowed us to live with him and impose on him for 4 months!! We are ready to move and it's likely that will finally happen in a couple of weeks. What a journey this has been. Again, it was God's perfect timing that brought us to this outcome. We are looking forward to hosting our friends and family in our home as we get settled.

I am so very thankful for my close friends. I don't tell them enough just how much they mean to me....but they priceless. Knowing that they will and do pray for me when I have "freak out" moments is HUGE!! Cause I sometimes have more than one of those episodes in a 24 hour time period!! I am thankful and blessed that they can tell me what I need to hear.

And finally I am so very thankful that God hears me when I pray. I feel His touch daily....just looking outside I can see Him....looking into my children's eyes, I can see Him; seeing miracles like healing I can see Him. Knowing that my husband is faithful to just me is seeing the mercies of God. Resting in the fact that only He can turn bad into good is HUGE for me. Perhaps Thanksgiving isn't just for the month of November!! Count your many blessings see what God hath done!! LOVE that hymn!!!!

No comments: