Monday, October 20, 2008

My First Post

I've never had a blog before...I've had a diary that only I read....but this is all new to me. First of all, let me just tell you that I'm the big 4-0. That sounds so daunting to me. Like maybe I should stop saying "one of these days I'm going to...." and just do it!! I've learned alot about myself these past few months....at the end of my "thirties".

My son is going to be 14 tomorrow. This day 14 years ago I had a very surprising conversation with my Grandpa. The only one I ever knew and the only great that my children never knew. He was at the beginning of alzheimer's when he called me 14 years ago. He told me I better have those bags packed and ready cause you never know when that baby will be born....I told him I had a good month left!!! How did he know that I was going to be in the hospital just a few hours from then?? My water broke at midnight....my wonderful husband thought I had wet the bed!!! Whatever!!! 18 hours and many drugs later, I gave birth to Ryan!! What an amazing joy to give birth....but how very special it is the first time around. Until next time.....

No comments: