Monday, October 20, 2008

Random thoughts

Everyone is doing something...Kevin is in his library. Kaylyn is sound asleep almost upside down on the couch. Christen is cleaning...she loves those Clorox wipes!! Ryan is taking his 2nd shower for the day. So, I'm by myself. Now I can share....

We have a wonderful family that mostly lives in Claremore. I have a brother and Kevin's sister live out of town. My inlaws are awesome. So many girls talk about their in-laws in negative ways...but I truly love mine. I love that they've always been willing to drop anything to help us in moments of crises. I can't count how many times they've lovingly taken care of our kids when they were sick and both Kevin and I just couldn't miss work. My dad-in-law is a dr. so that has been awesome to have him counsel us concerning health concerns, prescribing meds when needed, and talking on our behalf to other doctors when Kevin was going through crap with his tummy, etc. But here's something truly exciting....when we got back from Florida in July...my dad-in-law hired a pool company to come in and build an inground pool....a fun gunite salt water pool. I've always wanted a pool. Now, I get the next best thing....I get to be the pool girl next summer for the Lane's!!! And it doesn't cost me a dime!!!! I'm hoping to get rock solid abs and a leaner core.

Thanks Mindy for coaxing me into doing this....it is very theraputic. (sp)

2 comments:

mindy said...

Hooray! 40??? That doesn't seem possible. Tell Ryan Happy Birthday. Keep on blogging. :)

Desi said...

Barb,

Im glad that you find blogging theraputic! Didn't realize that you had started one.....Why keep it a secret?