Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Cool Deal!!

I have been faithfully working on my NEW classroom lately. I really enjoy being in my classroom and trying to figure out where to put furniture, where to put all of my wall decor, and just trying to figure out how I see my year unfolding. It's really really fun!! It's also a little expensive...because I like to buy stuff for my room every July! This July has been no different. Last year, I think I figured I spent well over $600 in July just for my classroom...and it was my 19th year to teach. That was a little over the top...but Ineeded things: desk chair that wasn't embarrassing, new blinds for my windows...and I splurged on the faux wood kind, instead of the cheapo deapo kind, a nice big plushy red rug, and a table/lamp combo to sit with my rocker. Anyway, I wanted to stay more reasonable this summer and I think I have....to date I think I've spent about half of what I spent last summer. But the deal that I got today at Walmart was a cool deal....it's called 2 saucer chairs for my reading area for $38...together!!! I had been looking online for about a week now for seating. I was going back and forth on the bean bags vs. something from Lakeshore (which is very pricey). And when I saw these saucer chairs, it was just meant to be!! I can't wait to place them in their places tomorrow when I return to try to finish my masterpiece of a classroom!!

No comments: