Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Thinking in Print

I've always heard of people "thinking out loud"...so instead of rambling audibly, I am choosing to "think in print".
I've done a lousy, and I truly mean LOUSY, job of watching my weight this summer. Actually my weight really hasn't gone up...rather what is unacceptable is that all the work I did to tone up all last year, has disappeared. I have been hit/miss to the gym and more miss than hit. I've given in to cravings and such in the food area too. I always tell my family that "tomorrow" I'm going to start that new workout routine and such....hasn't happened all summer.
I really want to get my classroom all together so I can feel like I'm a little more free. I have some little chores that I'd like to get done before school starts. Things like getting my carpets cleaned and going through my closet!!
The architect came a couple of weeks ago to tell us what we can or can't do in the way of building onto our house. We've talked and talked about building on to our house...but never what are options were. He hasn't called us back yet....he said it would be a little while longer...he's rather busy. So, as we patiently wait for him to show us what he's drawn, Kevin and I have talked about time frames of when to begin, etc. Of course the kids are also anxious...this means the girls won't have to share their bedroom anymore....which makes me a little sad. I know they each deserve their own space and they are truly excited about re-decorating their "new" rooms...but they have many memories of sharing their room. I was talking to my brother about all of this and his advice was not to build on...I asked him why and he said because the bigger the house, the more it hinders closeness in the family. I've thought alot about that lately. Do we want bigger houses to have more space away from the ones we love the most? because we're out to show off? or to adequately accomodate all members?? I really never thought that a big house would hinder our tightness I enjoy so much as a family.
I think my brain in now empty....
If you have any insights or comments...I want to read them!!!!

No comments: