Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The other "New Year"

Every January 1 is the ultimate in New Year's Resolutions!! But when you are a student OR a teacher there is another "new year" and it starts in August when school starts!!! Everyone thinks that kids are only ones with new expectations for their new grade level and they are the only ones that need school clothes and supplies and they are the only ones that need haircuts!! Excuse me...but I'm a school teacher and I'm the oversized student!! I love to go and find a few new outfits, maybe a pair of shoes, get my hair cut/colored the week before inservice, go to mardels and buy lots of stuff for my classroom and finally I absolutely LOVE getting my room ready for the 1st day!!!! I have done this now for 36 years...it started when I was 5!! So, this is my New Year's!! So, since you have to make resolutions for the Jan. 1 new year....I also revisit those resolutions when August hits. I have actually done a terrible job of keeping my last resolutions....I did great til April....and then haven't given them a thought til now. Oh well!!! So, I suppose since I have a new start and new schedule and all...I should at least attempt to pull off some of those resolutions. I have no idea how this schedule will unfold. I'm taking Ryan to High School....:( every morning, he will be dropped off to me in the afternoons by a sweet friend, and then we'll be coming home. This is where things get a little fuzzy....should I then drop the kids off at home and then go to the rec center to work out? Or...should I find a nice little routine that involves walking around my 'hood and biking too? That would be the cheaper fix....but I have found that if I pay for gym memberships, then I go and workout. Something about paying!! Anyway...the eating right thing falls into place when school starts...b/c I take my lunch. I take the normal turkey sandwich, fat free pringles, weight watcher yogurt and some purple grapes!! I'll be shedding a good 3 pounds the first couple of weeks.....
Oh well...I'm looking forward to an awesome school year!! Ryan will have lots to talk about daily!! Christen will be in the 7th grade with all her peeps and Kaylyn will be at the south campus. Lots of changes...but God is good and He is my strength always!!

No comments: