Monday, March 15, 2010

Spring "Break"?

Well, for all practical reasons it is spring....and I'm supposed to be on break. Ironic!! Cause I'm not!! It's been over a week since we signed a contract with a buyer for our house. Now comes all the "stuff" that has to be done to ensure the sale to be complete!! Tomorrow is the home inspection and the appraisal. To be completely honest, I was a basket case yesterday. I even asked God to please calm me and just let me know that it's all going to be OK. So, today I'm sitting at the eye doctor waiting for Ryan and I get another call from my realtor. This call I know was God's little way of calming me. She told me that both inspector and appraisal guy were going to be here at the same time. Furthermore, she said that mostly the timing doesn't happen simulataneously. I asked her if that was a good thing, she said it meant that the buyer's lender is moving forth on the loan!! Isn't God so sweet?

So, here's our plan!!
We are going to live at my dad's house for the next 3 or 4 months after we sell our house. And we've found a perfect spot to put a home. It just so happens, that a builder is getting ready to start a couple of houses in this sub-division and he has let us pick out a 4 bdrm floor plan that has lots of neat surprises!! One neat surprise is an unfinished 700 sq. ft space above the garage. Another neat gift is a butler's pantry and built in desk. Yet another is a HUGE master closet!! There's more...but I would have post pictures for one to appreciate!!

Here's another bonus!! Because my dad is letting us live at his house rent free...we're going to be able to save a bunch of $$!! That's always a great bonus!!!

No comments: