Thursday, March 18, 2010

Whew!!

Whew!! What a week!! I've had to endure some "ups" and "downs" this week. Yesterday was a roller coaster ride for me. And I'm still having the affects of it today!!

Our home inspection was Tuesday. So was the appraisal and the termite inspection. So, we had to take our little dog and leave for 3 hours. The inspection came with a report full of surprises. Mostly, it had to do with the roof. Anyway, after reviewing the report, I got a little nervous that maybe our buyers were going to back out. They didn't get to come to the inspection since they live out of town...so when my realtor called yesterday morning before 9:00 a.m. and said they were coming into town to look at the house again....I got nervous!!!! And that's an understatement.

After a very stressful day and much praying, we finally found out last night that the buyers just wanted us to fix 4 out of the 13 things found wrong on the inspection. YAY!!! More great news is this: the builder that is going to be building our house told us to call him if we needed anything fixed on our house. I had to take him up on that offer and he's already been here and he's planning to start working tomorrow!!!! God always provide....not just with money stuff either. He always provides people to help in sticky situations. He always gives us the friends and the support we need it. It's kind of funny...but as I was in my closet praying over all this yesterday morning, I asked God for some encouraging words during the day. And on my way home from town, a friend called me. She's not one that calls often...and mostly when she does it is to let me know of some plans between our daughters. But we go to church together and I love her sweet spirit. Anyway, she called and just started talking to me about our moving and etc. I explained to her the events that were happening yesterday and she promised me she was going to pray for me (cause i had a severe headache) and our house situation. I know she was praying!! Eventually, my head ache healed and although I had to wait for what seemed like forever about our inspection from the buyers....we finally had some resolve to a very stressful day!!!

I have gotten very emotionally attached to the idea of building. I am overflowing with excitement about the floor plan and the tweeking that Kevin and I will get to do with certain features. This has always been a dream that we've shared...to build a house together and design it without having to cut corners on things. I knew in my heart that I wanted to be able to share this home with my family and friends before the next round of holidays in the fall/winter months. I'm blessed beyond measure!! Truly!!!!

No comments: