Friday, January 23, 2009

Future Plans

Thoughts of the future keep coming into my mind lately. Thoughts about ambition or goals, whatever you want to call it. I've really never thought about getting my Master's degree or going through the National Board Certification process at all. I think these are my reasons....I really love a no stress approach to my life. At least the kind of self-inflicted stress that going to school causes me. I'm 40. I think I'd rather leave goal setting for other things. I don't feel like I'm saying "I'm done with learning"...seriously...I'm a teacher so I don't believe that for a minute. I think what I'm saying is that I'm so very content with where I've gone with academics. I don't think I have to prove anything to anyone. And so much of what I've learned hasn't been taught to me in a classroom. It's been the real world experiences that God has allowed me to learn so much. I'm a pretty laid person about some stuff...but when I have to adhere to deadlines and such, I can turn into a "Piglet" in a flash. I truly admire my friends that have decided to go back to school or become nationally board certified. I think that it's a wonderful learning process that they will always cherish. However, I just don't share that desire. Maybe I will later on....right now though...I've got my mind set on losing 8 pounds. That's just about all the goal-setting I can do at this point!!

No comments: