Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Sick Day #2

What a week this has turned out to be!! Monday, Ryan was sick...Kevin is off on Mondays, so he stayed home with his dad!! Yesterday, Ryan was still not feeling great...so it was my turn. As it turned out, I got 2 phone calls from school telling me that the girls were sick. I picked up Kaylyn at 1:00 and then an hour later I got another call that Christen was sick. What a day!! Kaylyn and Ryan are back to school today. Christen has finally gone about 6 hours since throwing up, so perhaps we're almost back to feeling good??

I do enjoy the calmness of an occasional sick day. It's like a little gift of time that I rarely get. Some don't look at it that way...but if you think about it....if you are anal about getting things crossed off of the never ending list...you may understand where I coming from. You see, I spend a good portion of my Saturdays doing the things to catch up and get ready for the next week. Laundry, shopping, cleaning house, etc. So....if I get this rare gift of time somewhere during my normal week...I can get almost "giddy" about it. Granted, errand running isn't something that I do on sick days...but that other stuff gets done and it's awesome!!

Well...enough said about sick days. Maybe sometime in the next couple of weeks we could get another kind of day called a snow day?? That will be worthy of another post.

No comments: